As a non-profit, non-commercial educational radio station, KUOI depends on support of students, underwriters, and donors to pay for our broadcast operations including the creation of locally produced shows and acquisition of programs, including Pacifica affiliation. The majority of our funding comes from the University of Idaho student body through the Student Media Board, though this number has dropped significantly in the last ten years.
Increasingly, KUOI depends on underwriting and donations to meet our yearly operational needs, and once those needs are met, to make improvements to the station.
How can I help?
Underwriters can have their name mentioned on-air for their tax-deductible donation to support specific KUOI programs. Contact Student Media Advertising at (208) 885-5780 or email@example.com if you are interested in sponsoring a KUOI program.
Tax-deductible donations can be made online through the UI Foundation website or sent directly to:
301 Student Union
Moscow, ID 83844-4272
Our fundraising goal needs to be met by April 30th each year to meet budget deadlines.
In addition to cash donations, we can also accept donations of equipment and supplies. Please contact the Station Manager to get a current list of goals and specific models of needed equipment.
A few things we are currently trying to raise money for include:
1. New computers for the news room, library office, and master control.
2. New Marantz flash recorders, microphones, speakers and a Digi003 for the news office.
3. Funding for a new broadcast console.
4. CD burners for master control and the listening station.
5. Funding to upgrade our broadcast transmitter from 400 to 1000 stereo watts.
6. Funding to upgrade to HD (digital) radio.
7. FM Receivers and broadcast headsets for remotes.
8. Travel money to send staff to various radio and music conferences.
Thanks for considering support of KUOI programs, operations and improvements.